Buying a Business: Frequently Asked Questions
Below is the selling process used by Empire Business Brokers of Upstate SC (Greenville-Spartanburg- Anderson.) We will guide you from start to finish when selling your business:
- We help you determine if now is the best time to sell your business.
- We help you identify and meet your goals with the sale of your business.
- We help you understand the market value of your business.
- We can advise you on how to increase your sales and profitability.
- We advise you regarding the listing price and terms of the sale.
- We market your business confidentially. Your employees, customers or competitors will be unaware that your business is for sale. In addition to traditional forms of marketing, we market through 13,000 social media connections. We also offer assistance with direct marketing to strategic buyers.
- We qualify potential buyers before providing your confidential information to them, and prior to introducing them to you.
- We work with you to arrange confidential meetings with potential buyers.
- At the appropriate time, we will begin negotiations between you and the potential buyer. We will help you evaluate each offer.
- We manage the negotiations, keeping your interests in the forefront, until an acceptable offer is agreed upon.
- We coordinate all due diligence with the buyer.
- We negotiate terms on the sale of real estate, leases, consulting agreements, non-compete agreements, and financing.
- We serve you as liaison for attorneys and accountants.
- We coordinate document preparation between attorneys related to closing.
- We assist you in making a smooth transition into your new lifestyle.